Gmail, Google’s free email application, is a convenient way for entrepreneurs without a website or dedicated mail server to stay in touch with their customers and suppliers. In default mode, the Gmail application provides users with a simple interface to send, receive and organize electronic correspondence. You can add customization to your messages by installing the Emoticon Toolbar in your Gmail profile in a few steps.
- Open a browser and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the “Settings” button in the upper right corner of the Gmail window. The settings button is the one that resembles a sprocket.
- Click the “Settings” entry in the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Labs” entry at the top of the “Settings” window.
- Scroll down the page to the “Extra Emoji” entry and click the “Enable” button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” box.
- Click the “Compose” button in the menu on the left side of the window.
- Click the “Emoticon” icon in the toolbar above the text area of the email composition window to display the newly installed emoticon toolbar.